NeVap Aspire Subglottic Suction Endotracheal Tube (ASSET)
The NeVap ASSET design offers several advantages over current devices:
- 24 Suction fenestrations oriented so that vacuum is applied parallel to airway tissues.
- Vacuum>100mm Hg can be applied continuous.
- Higher pressures and continuous operation means improved removal of viscous fluids and reduced pooling and aspiration.
- Designed to reduce respiratory care needs.
- Superior Radiopaque confirmation of position and quieter operation.
- Compliant with existing VAP prevention protocols.
- No new clinician training.
- No new capital equipment.
- Designed by physicians for physicians.
Comparison to the Shiley Taperguard EVAC (Medtronic) in an ex-vivo trachea model:
The NeVap ASSET was shown to out-performed the Taperguard in a range of clinically significant settings, with >90% of fluids at all challenge settings, under significant challenge conditions.
In 2018, clinical studies are planned with Kaiser Permanente, Sutter Health, UCSF, Hammersmith Hospital Health (UK) and the University of Miami.